Geriatric Nursing Assistant
CareStream Medical Staffing has numerous outstanding Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) opportunities available right away! Click APPLY NOW to join the CareStream Team!
Geriatric nursing assistants, also known as geriatric aides, work directly to supply care to elderly patients. Geriatric nursing assistants often work in long-term care facilities and nursing homes, but they may also work in hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, or in patients’ homes.
Typical duties of geriatric nursing assistants include, but are not limited to:
- Dressing, bathing, and feeding patients
- Moving, and repositioning bedridden patients
- Changing bed linens
- Taking temperature, pulse, and blood pressure
- Preparing, and transporting patients
- Recording care
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Specific training requirements vary by place of employment and state but often include a set number of training hours, supervised clinical care, and passing an examination
- Work experience as a nurse’s aide or another type of aide to the elderly will help prepare you for a career as a geriatric nursing assistant
- To work as a geriatric nursing assistant, you should be comfortable working with the elderly and acting as a caregiver
- Patience, good interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to be a team player will help you in your career as a geriatric nursing assistant
Pay determined by experience!