Great Rates and SHIFTS AVAILABLE NOW
Call 443 249 2395
Medical Assistants play an essential role in the health industry, supporting their coworkers in hospitals, doctor’s offices and other healthcare settings. They often get patients ready to be seen by the primary provider. This includes taking their vital signs, discussing their medical history and finishing clinical or administrative tasks by putting patient information in their medical records. Medical Assistants may also help physicians with tasks like getting equipment or recording data during patient exams.
Medical Assistants may perform the following duties:
· Schedule Appointments
· Obtain blood samples
· Perform data entry
· Measure and record vital signs
· Clean exam rooms
· Answer phone calls
A successful Medical Assistant candidate will know how to interact with patients and be able to get information from those who may be in distress. They should have a background in computers, chemistry, anatomy and biology. Candidates should be able to use analytical skills to understand medical diagnoses and follow medical charts. They must also understand medical codes.
Medical Assistants should have the following skills and qualifications:
· Associates degree in a medical-related field
· Pass a minimum of one (1) exam from the National Commission for Certifying Agencies
· 2+ years of working in the healthcare field
· Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
· Superior customer service skills
· High-level professionalism
Pay determined by experience!